Bedtime Stories

• TOP NOTCH (my top choices)
• HONORABLE MENTION (well worth watching)
• YOU MIGHT WANT TO CONSIDER (I like them but you might not)
• CLASSICS (Great movies up through the 1960s - many don't have any rating)

BEDTIME STORIES (2008) - PG - YOU MIGHT WANT TO CONSIDER 
  Adam Sandler, Keri Russell, Courteney Cox     

Summary -  A hotel handyman's life changes when the lavish bedtime stories he tells his niece and nephew start to magically come true.

Cautions - Some mild toilet humor and some bikinis.

Commentary - Yes, I know you don't like Adam Sandler movies and there certainly are some stinkers in his repertoire, but I'm asking you to consider this one. It is a family movie so he's on a bit of a leash and I think he's really well cast for this part. There is a wonderful supporting cast of well known actors (Keri Russell, Lucy Lawless, Russell Brand, Teresa Palmer, Guy Pearce, and Richard Griffiths (from the Harry Potter movies)), who, I think, just wanted to be in a movie their kids could see.

The plot is sweet and fun and I had a great time watching it with my kids. But I also know that many people did not like it, feeling that it was too dumb for adults and too boring for kids. So, I leave it to you to consider. If you don't expect too much, I think you'll have a fun time with this one.

Comments

Popular Posts