The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra

• TOP NOTCH (my top choices)
• HONORABLE MENTION (well worth watching)
• YOU MIGHT WANT TO CONSIDER (I like them but you might not)
• CLASSICS (Great movies up through the 1960s - many don't have any rating)

THE LOST SKELETON OF CADAVRA (2001) - PG - YOU MIGHT WANT TO CONSIDER 
 Larry Blamire, Fay Masterson, Brian Howe    

Summary -  A dedicated scientist, aided by his clueless wife, rolls up his shirt sleeves and tries to save the world from a radioactive monster, curious space aliens, an evil scientist and a crabby skeleton in this send-up of the best of the B movies of the 1950's.

Cautions - None that come to mind

Commentary - Have you ever seen Mystery Science Theater 3000? If you have, imagine someone making a modern movie that is like the ones mocked Joel/Mike and the robots. That's the movie I present to you in this post. If MST3K isn't entertaining to you... you might want to steer clear of this one.

It's written, acted and filmed to be ridiculous - and I think it succeeds gloriously. Check out these clever questions asked by alien in disguise, Kro-Bar:

Kro-Bar: Aliens? Us? Is this one of your Earth jokes?

Or this snappy dialogue between the scientists wife and a helpful Ranger:

Ranger Brad: Lissen. I don't wanna frighten you folks but a farmer nearby was horribly mutilated, and I thought I should tell other folks, folks like yourselves, so that maybe... just maybe, you wouldn't be horribly mutilated, too.

Betty Armstrong: Well, I've certainly never been horribly mutilated, but I don't wanna start now. Thank you!

Just sit back and try not to be mesmerized by the action, wit and very low budget effects of, The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra!

Comments

Popular Posts