Secret Life of Walter Mitty

• TOP NOTCH (my top choices)
• HONORABLE MENTION (well worth watching)
• YOU MIGHT WANT TO CONSIDER (I like them but you might not)
• CLASSICS (Great movies up through the 1960s - many don't have any rating)

THE SECRET LIFE OF WALTER MITTY (2014) - PG - YOU MIGHT WANT TO CONSIDER
  Ben Stiller, Kristen Wiig, Jon Daly   

Summary -  A timid magazine photo manager who lives life vicariously through daydreams embarks on a true-life adventure when a negative goes missing.

Cautions - some PG crude comments, language and action violence

Commentary - This movie may be best described as a sensational movie that is never fully realized. The visuals are sweeping and grand and seeds are planted throughout the movie that promise fruit but then don't quite deliver.

But, that said, I really liked the journey. Stiller's attempt to braid together introspection and humor kept me engaged and curious, even when I wasn't quite sure what he was setting out to do. His sensibility creates a movie that's smarter than you think it will be.

For me, the movie doesn't really deliver at the end but the rest is worthwhile enough for me to give it a hearty recommendation.

Comments

Popular Posts